Monday, February 8, 2010

HomeFacts Messages

When I think about the things that I am REALLY good at, a few things come to mind. Of course, I am the only one that thinks I am really good at some of those things (well maybe I have my wife convinced on a few of them). For example, I used to be a snow ski racer in middle school and high school. When I talk to someone about skiing and they interkect their opinion, I listen intently to see if what they say makes sense. I also try to get some sort of "qualifier" from them about their level of experience. You see, I still learn a lot about skiing from people who are REALLY good at it, but no so much from those that aren't. Pretty simple concept huh?


So, who knows more about selling your listings? The Seller? Their Friends and/or Family? OR YOU, their Professional REALTOR? That's right, it's YOU! You know what is going on in the market (we help with that one), what tools are available and that work, who and where to market properties and what to say and do to properly market a property. Coldwell Banker Select helps with a lot of this with the best tools and marketing in the business, but it is still up to YOU to absorb the information about the market that we share, learn something everyday about how to better yourself and skills, implement the tools that are available to you, and execute your plan for marketing your listings.

One of the cool things you can do is record your own message on our HomeFacts system for each of your properties. This is not only a place to give out some basic information about your listing, but have you thought about promoting yourself, your website (possibly your Mobile site - see previous post), your other listings that may be similar, etc... Get creative with it. When someone calls, you have a "Captured" audience (literally). Get your message across and give them some sort of action item.

If you come up with a great message, send me an email at bsheppard@cbtulsa.com with the HomeFacts number so I can check it out. Who knows, I may even go to your website, if you promote it.



2 comments:

  1. Bryan, Good tip. I need to start adding self promo to my homefacts messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bryan. Keep the tips coming....each tidbit helps.

    ReplyDelete