Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time Off???

This last weekend was one that I want to quickly forget. The weather was, well typically Oklahoman - SNOW, my wife was at a retreat with her 2 best friends so I had the 4 kids, AND I was so sick with allergies that it developed into Strep throat. As my throat was screaming and my head pounding, the kids were runing through the house, and my wife was relaxing, I was dragging myself through the sloppy mud, sleet pelting me in the face, just to give the animals thier daily ration of sweet feed and hay. At that moment I had a "Revelation"!!!!


Farmers and Ranchers (even small time wanna-bee's like me) don't get a day off! If the weather's bad, you aren't feeling well, or the rest of life happens, you still have to do what you have to do to keep crops and animals alive, so you can live. Then I realized, Real Estate Agents don't get a day off either. YOU still have to take listings, meet people, make appointments, show buyers, prospect, follow-up on leads, run ads, send mailings, etc... even if you're sick, the weathers bad, or life just happens.


However, unlike a lot of farmers and ranchers, we have technology to helps us with that. Technology will never replace the one-on-one interaction that you must have with clients to become and remain successful in this industry, but it can really help, especially when life happens. As many of you know, I'm a big fan of automation. If I can find a way to "set it and forget it", then I will.


There are a number of things that Coldwell Banker Select makes available to you that truly are "set it and forget it".


  1. InTouch Mailing Program - sign up for the automatic InTouch and you never have to place another order again. We take care of it for you. All you have to do is keep those contacts current.

  2. HomeFacts - Leads come directly to you from your Yard Sign Calls, Select Living, Newspaper, etc...

  3. Photographs and Virtual Tours - are automatically created on your listings for you. You don't have to do it, or even think about it. Man I love that.

  4. Website Syndication - Your listings are automatically posted to the top real estate websites (CBTulsa.com, CBOKC.com, ColdwellBanker.com, Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, AOL Real Estate, Yahoo Real Estate, GoogleBase, etc...) AUTOMATICALLY.

  5. Select Living Magazine - Your ads for the Select Living magazine are automatically created in IQOffice for you and submitted for publication. You can change them, but you don't have to.

So those are just some of the ways that Coldwell Banker Select tries to help you on those days, when.....it's cold, your throat is killing you, your spouse is out of town, the kids are running amuck, and you have to wade through the mud to take care of the things that must be taken care of. Don't dispair! Remember, you're in Oklahoma, it's going to be 73 degrees tomorrow. ;)

1 comment: