Friday, October 12, 2012

Contacts from iPhone to Excel

So I've been asked a number of times, "How do I get my contacts from my iPhone into Excel so I can put them in IQOffice?" Well, here is the answer.  I even had someone try it and verify(since I don't use a PC anymore).  To be fair, I did not come up with this information, but found it on TrickyWays.com website (Click Here to see the original website).

If you are going to change your iPhone or just want to take backup of your iPhone contacts, here is a simple way to export your iPhone contacts as csv file in Windows 7 and you can open this csv file in Excel. You just need your iPhone and iTunes running in Windows7. Windows XP users here.

Export iPhone contact as CSV file or to Excel

Download and install iTunes, after installation Run iTunes.
Connect your iPhone with computer using data cable.
On the safe side backup your device first, Right-click on your device and select “Back Up” (in-case of any problem with iPhone Contacts you can restore your device later).
Connected iPhone device
When iTunes finish the back up process, Click on “Info” tab
iTunes info tab
Click on “Sync Contacts with” check box, select “Windows Contacts” from drop down menu and click “Apply” or “Sync” button
sync contacts with windows
Press “Windows + R” keys form keyboard to open “Run” window and type “wab” in “Open” filed and hit OK
type wab command in run
Click on tiny arrow and select “Export” as shown below
all contacts
Select “CSV (Comma Separated Values)” option and click “Export” button
export csv
Click on “Browse” button, choose location to save iPhone contacts as csv file
csv export
Select iPhone contacts fields that you want to export and hit “Finish” button
Field to export in csv
You will see this message if iPhone contacts exported as csv file successfully, hit “OK” button.
Windows Contacts
Now you can use this csv file to import iPhone contacts in any other application or device or you can open this file in Excel to view all iPhone contacts.

Remember to comment on this post if you like or hate it. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Very helpful to be able to print all of my i phone contacts from the excel sheet. Great tool....learn something everyday!
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, looks helpful. I use an android phone, so not for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, looks helpful. I use an android phone, so not for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have NEVER figured that out. I'll see how that goes and let you know.
    Juliane

    ReplyDelete